Africa, we’re pleased to have you a part of our community.
According to Wikipedia, With the exception of South Africa and Cape Verde, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Africa are limited in comparison to Western Europe and much of the Americas and Oceania.
Out of the 54 states recognised by the United Nations or African Union or both, the International Gay and Lesbian Association stated in 2015 that homosexuality is outlawed in 34 African countries. Human Rights Watch notes that another two countries, Benin and the Central African Republic, do not outlaw homosexuality, but have certain laws which apply differently to heterosexual and homosexual individuals.
Homosexuality has never been criminalized in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, and Rwanda. It has been decriminalized in Angola, Botswana, Cape Verde, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Mozambique, São Tomé and Príncipe, the Seychelles and South Africa.
Since 2011, some developed countries have been considering or implementing laws that limit or prohibit general budget support to countries that restrict the rights of LGBT people. In spite of this, many African countries have refused to consider increasing LGBT rights, and in some cases have drafted laws to increase sanctions against LGBT people. Some African leaders[who?] claim that it was brought into the continent from other parts of the world. Nevertheless, most scholarship and research demonstrates that homosexuality has long been a part of various African cultures.
Our community app is a safe place for our African members to discuss topics that matter to you and connect with other like-minded professional Black and Queer Men.
EBANMAN showcases the professional lifestyle of mature Black gay & Queer men within Business, Travel, Arts & Entertainment, and Community Voice within our publication with curated enlightening articles, engaging commentary, and appealing visual design.
Please sign up below to our mailing list to be the first to hear about our forthcoming memberships being offered Africa.
– EBANMAN Community App
The word community is, without question, central to human experience
Being part of an engaging community gives us a sense of belonging. It enables us to share personal relatedness and support the perpetual growth of each other, ourselves, and our environment.
A community can be anything from a physical place where geographically people connect, or to a virtual space such as social media groups or private community platforms. Communities bring like-minded people together with similar characteristics and common interests. Every community operates with specific boundaries to meet the needs of that community.
Having a sense of community
Having a sense of community embraces spirit, character, image, and pride and is a vital element of a healthy community. It is a feeling that people within the community matter to one another with a shared faith that their needs will be met through commitment and togetherness. Being a part of a community can make us feel as though we are a part of something greater than ourselves.
Benefits of being part of an engaging community
There are so many positive aspects to being part of a group or community. Providing unique opportunities for people to learn from each other and give support and encouragement are an invaluable part of joining forces with our peers:
- SUPPORT Being part of a community enables us to give support to other members. Being supportive of others will help them to feel good and better about themselves. With so much stress in the busy world we live in, there’s never been a more important time to help others struggling with their mental and physical wellbeing.
- INFLUENCE With community participation comes empowerment. When people feel empowered, they feel a sense of control, enabling them to influence positive change. It is about making a difference to a group that matters to its members.
- SHARING stimulates innovation and growth. Ideas breed new ideas. Apart from having personal benefits of gaining knowledge and insight, sharing also contributes to the community’s greater worth.
- REINFORCEMENT can be an effective learning tool to encourage desirable behaviors and provide motivation. A strong community will go beyond the immediate, basic needs and ensure that fulfillment is a positive experience. By doing so, it builds positive rewards and reinforcement for an enjoyable sense of togetherness.
- CONNECTION An open bond with new connections is what builds valuable relationships and gives us a deeper sense of belonging. It helps us to reach our goals and brings a sense of security.
- LEARNING/RESOURCES – communities are rich in resources. Having knowledge is a unique resource, and through its use, it increases in value.
- PASSION having an outlet for passions gives people the opportunity to share a subject they’re passionate about. This helps to spread confidence and encouragement to create new things that they can share with others.
Source: Wellbeing People
You can more content and articles on our website here.